Building of the Year
About the NFBA Building of the Year Awards
The NFBA Building of the Year Awards consists of 24 categories plus a Judges’ Award. The Building of the Year Awards allows builder member companies of comparable size to compete against each other.
Each of the 12 award categories has two divisions:
Builders within the NFBA membership categories of $0–6 million in annual gross volume.
Builders within the NFBA membership categories of over $6 million in annual gross volume.
- Agricultural Storage / Workshops
- Commercial Buildings (< 5,000 SQ FT)
- Commercial Buildings (5,000 - 10,000 SQ FT)
- Commercial Buildings (> 10,000 SQ FT)
- Hobby Shops
- Horse Barns / Facilities (< 5,000 SQ FT)
- Horse Barns / Facilities (> 5,000 SQ FT)
- Institutional Buildings
- Livestock Facilities
- Residential Buildings
- Retrofitted / Remodeled Buildings
- Suburban Garages
NFBA will validate all entries by confirming the company’s membership category. Winners in both divisions of all categories receive equal recognition and benefits.
Benefits of Winning a Building of the Year Award
- Winners will be recognized at a prestigious awards luncheon at the annual Frame Building Expo.
- Winners are recognized in Frame Building News magazine.
- Winners are recognized on NFBA's website and in special features throughout NFBA communications.
- Winning projects will be featured on the Frame Building Expo show floor for more than 1,000 building and design professionals to view.
- Building of the Year winners receive a plaque to proudly display at your office to showcase your company’s high-quality work.