HDPE Plastic Barrier Wood
Post-frame construction foundation options.
HDPE plastic barrier wood protection systems for enhanced protection of copper-based chemical-treated wood posts and laminated columns.
- A plastic sleeve with an enclosed bottom covers the embedded portion of posts or columns.
- Offers a low cost, simple to use and beneficial enhancement to embedded treated wood posts.
- HDPE plastic used in the product is completely resistant to moisture, organic matter, concrete, most chemicals (including wood preservatives), animal wastes, etc.
- The sleeve is designed to fit posts cleanly while still allowing ventilation. Builders don't have to alter construction methods or worry about fit and finish of other framing members.
- Cuts easily with snips, saw, or knife.
- Consultation, research and construction confirm the product’s performance.
- Also available to cover post-frame skirt boards with a barrier between corrosive treated woods and metal trims and siding.